Community Bible Church – Doctrinal Statement
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word and revelation of God, and that the Scriptures are our final authority in faith and conduct.
- We believe there is only one true and living God, in whom are three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, yet one in essence, co-equal and coexistent.
- We believe that God created all things from nothing, and it was good.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but sinned against God through willful disobedience. As a result, we are hopelessly separated from Him.
- We believe that our sins are atoned for only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and that faith in His sacrifice is the only foundation of salvation.
- We believe that all believers should continually be striving towards Christian maturity.
- We believe that the Church is the body of those who have received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- We believe in the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the eternal judgment for those who reject Christ, and eternal life for all those who accept Christ as Lord and Savior.